M2M the Market for Jobs and Recruitment
We are a specialist provider of recruitment solutions and professionals to the M2M market both in Australia and internationally. With a developed database of professionals within the M2M sector in Australia we are able to offer a high probability of recruitment success.
The M2M device, software, network, and service market is expected to grow rapidly world wide. Some estimates suggested the 2010 world market may have exceeded $301B in annual revenue on a compound growth rate trajectory of as much as 35% per annum. As many as one billion mobile phone subscribers could actually be machines in 2015, according to industry predictions.
M2M (Machine to machine) communications has in the past generally referred to industrial wired or wireless technologies that allow data communications for the purposes of telemetry or measurement and control. Industrial M2M communications usually involve ruggedized hardware specifically designed for operating in extreme weather and temperature conditions or specialised voltage or input output I/O requirements however M2M communications also has a growing sector in consumer markets such as GPS, e-readers, fitness monitors as well as domestic applications such as the intelligent fridge.
- Intelligent metering and network management is now widely being implemented in the worlds 'Smart Grid' utilities such as power and water networks and will be hugely important in governing flow, utilisation and loss.
- M2M communications is also now being widely being implemented within the agricultural sectors allowing the remote management of irrigation and stock control.
- Other applications for M2M communications have included digital signage, allowing images to be remotely uploaded to a digital billboard or point of sale POS.
- M2M is being used in advancing e-Health applications such as remote patient monitoring
- Security and surveillance, the use of IP cameras is now widespread in the monitoring of public transportation systems (roads, rail, buses) as well for security applications (street surveillance and corporate security).
- M2M communications have also been applied to the emergency services allowing broadband communications to police, fire and ambulances services.
M2M employers and recruitment in Australia
- Operators and Service Providers such as Telstra, Optus, Vodafone , Orange Business Systems
- Hardware Vendors such as Sierra Wireless, NetComm (Call Direct), Maxon, Cybertec, Maestro
- Resellers such as M2M Connectivity, Maddison Technologies
- System Integrators such as Mach Communications
Terms used in association with M2M Jobs and Technologies
4G / LTE, 3G, WiMax, GPRS, GSM, SMS, RFID, GPS, TCP/IP, IPv6, Packet, SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition), Telematics, AMR (Automatic Meter Reading), Router, Modem, TE (Terminal Equipment), UE (User Equipment), POS (Point-of-Sale) Terminal, SMD (Surface Mounted Design), SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), VPN (Virtual Private Network), Wireless Telemetry
Typical of jobs we recruit for in M2M in Australia and Internationally
M2M Product Manager, M2M Solutions Consultant. M2M Solutions Manager, Business Development Manager - M2M & Mobility, Carrier Sales Manager M2M, Senior Sales Engineer, Embedded Software Engineer, Senior Hardware Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Systems Test Engineer, Field Engineers
Twisted Wire look at M2M (machine-to-machine) communication and asked whether it's the next big opportunity for mobile network operators, click here to listen to the podcast.