Storage and Big Data Market for Jobs and Recruitment
We are a specialist provider of recruitment solutions and professionals to the Storage and Virtualisation market both in Australia and internationally.
With a developed database of professionals within the Storage and Virtualisation sector in Australia we are able to offer a high probability of recruitment success.
The Storage and Virtualisation market continues to grow rapidly worldwide. With the increasing developments and increasing adoption of evolving technologies such as cloud computing, data duplication, and storage area networks the growth of Storage and Virtualisation will continue to develop and grow into the foreseeable future.
The global storage hardware and peripheral market recorded the revenue of $163.3 billion in 2008. In late 2008, IDC predicted more than 61% Annual Growth Rate for unstructured data in traditional data centers through 2012, which according to more recent data would appear to be a conservative estimate. A key driver of growth in the storage industry has been regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley. Spending in 2005 on regulatory compliance in the United States by Fortune 500 companies was more than $19 billion, so with the growth of data being predicted and the legislation requiring the data to be stored and accessible is it any wonder Storage continues to double every two years.
Storage in simple terms is the place where data is held in an electromagnetic or optical form for access by a computer processor. There are many storage solutions available such as Disk Systems, Tape Systems, Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage and Archiving to name a few.
Regardless if you are a home user, a small company or large multinational corporate or government organisation you will need to use a storage device of some description.
As an example: A SAN is commonly found in the enterprise space. A storage area network (SAN) is any high-performance network whose primary purpose is to enable storage devices to communicate with computer systems and with each other.
Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), a method of connecting storage facilities that is increasingly used by both big corporations and small- to medium-sized businesses. The other, storage virtualization, has helped organizations condense heterogeneous data into clear and easy-to-understand implements.
Storage employers and recruitment in Australia
- Vendors include: EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, Netapp, IBM, HP and Dell as well as many other
- Companies employing Storage technologies could be: Government, Enterprise, Corporate, Small to Medium and residential users.
- Storage Service Providers: Telstra, Optus, Verizon,
- Systems Integrators: Data#3, Dimension Data, Cloud Solutions Group,
Terms used in association with Storage jobs
RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks), JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks), Fault Tolerance, AIT(Advanced Intelligent Tape), Areal Density, Auxiliary Storage, External Storage, Secondary Storage, Bit, Byte, DAFS (Direct Access File System), DAS (Direct Attached Storage), DLT (Digital Linear Tape), FC (Fibre Channel), GBIC (GigaBit Interface Converter), Gigabyte, iSCSI (Small Computer System Interface protocol over IP), NAS (Network Attached Storage), Petabyte, SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association)
Typical jobs we recruit for Storage
Business Development – Storage Systems, System Engineers, Storage Administrators, Product Managers, Storage & Virtualisation Solutions Architects, Consulting Engineers, Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Subject Matter Expert, Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Pre-Sales Engineer Storage
Certifications used in Storage Jobs
HP Storageworks Certifications
- HP StorageWorks XP1: Configuration and Management
- EVA 2: Business Continuity and Availability
- HP Ed Storageworks Virtual Library System (VLS) Configuration and Management
- Installation and Configuration of the HP StorageWorks Virtual Library System (HP VLS 9000)
- EVA Peformance Analysis
- HP StorageWorks P4000 SAN Configuration and Administration
- Managing EVA Storage
- Accelerated SAN Essentials
EMC Storage Certifications
- EMC Data Center Architect (EMCDCA)
- EMC Cloud Architects (EMCCA)
- EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA)
- EMC Professional Technology Architect (EMCTA)
- EMC Proven Professional Platform Engineer (EMCPE)
- EMC Proven Professional Implementation Engineer (EMCIE)
- NetApp Certified Backup and Recovery Implementation Engineers (NCIE – B&R)
- NetApp Certified SAN Implementation Engineers (NCIE – SAN)
- NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA
Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) Certifications
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Professional (Foundations) (HCP)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Implementer (HCI)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Solution Specialist — Business Continuity
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Solution Specialist— Virtualization
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Architect (HCA)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Architect — Expert (HCA-E)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Storage Manager
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Storage Manager — Expert
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Installation Professional
- Hitachi Data Systems Qualified Sales Professional
IBM Storage Certifications
- IBM Certified Specialist - Storage Sales V2
- IBM Certified Specialist - High Volume Storage Fundamentals V1
- IBM Certified Specialist - Midrange Storage Technical Support V2
- IBM Certified Specialist - Enterprise Storage Technical Support V2
- IBM Certified Specialist - XIV Storage System Technical Solutions Version 2
- IBM Certified Specialist - High-End Disk for Open Systems V2
- IBM Certified Specialist - High-End Tape V6
- IBM Certified Specialist - XIV Storage System Replication and Migration Services Version 1
Cisco Storage Certifications
- Cisco Storage Networking Solutions Design Specialist (CNSDS)
- Cisco Storage Networking Solutions Support Specialist (CNSSS)
- Cisco Storage Networking Sales Specialist (CNSS)
Storage Industry Associations & Certifications
- SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association)
- SNIA Certified Storage Professional (SCSP)
- SNIA Certified Systems Engineer (SCSE)
- SNIA Certified Architect (SCA)
- SNIA Certified Storage Network Expert (SCSN-E)